Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.4, Futures Rewritten, will release on December 8th with new content including main scenario quests, raid dungeon, trial, “explorer mode,” and more.
Details are as follows:
- New Main Scenario Quests – With the fate of the First secured, the Scions make their long-awaited return to the Source. But in the new future they now look towards, will that which is written upon the pages of history be an anthem of hope…or a dirge of despair?
- New Raid Dungeon: Eden’s Promise – The third chapter of this 8-player raid series continues the story of Ryne and her mysterious counterpart Gaia, who have succeeded in restoring balance to the elements of the Empty. Patch 5.4 brings new challenging battles—including a new boss designed by KINGDOM HEARTS® director and FINAL FANTASY series veteran, Tetsuya Nomura—available in both normal and savage difficulties.
- Chronicles of a New Era – The Sorrow of Werlyt Updates – Players can continue their attempt to thwart the Empire’s warmachina development project alongside Gaius after vanquishing the Sapphire Weapon. However, newly unearthed information alludes to another foe lurking in the shadows: The Emerald Weapon.
- New Trial: Castrum Marinum – With the existence of a warmachina code-named “Emerald” confirmed, it falls to Warriors of Light to spearhead a pre-emptive strike before this menace can be unleashed upon the world. Players can challenge Emerald Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Dungeon: Matoya’s Relict – Players can explore the former workshop of the Archon Matoya alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Unreal Trial: The Navel (Unreal) – The next powered-up version of Titan will be unleashed upon level 80 adventurers in Patch 5.4, providing a new challenge and a chance to earn unique prizes.
- New “Explorer Mode” – This new gameplay mode will allow players to take screenshots as they traverse Shadowbringers dungeons, without the danger of enemies. Players can also summon mounts and minions within dungeons using this mode to further enhance their screenshots.
Check out a trailer below.